Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Random Stuff You Should Have

Here is a list of random things that I think everyone should have:

The Magic Bullet



This thing is a God send for blenders! It is small enough that it doesn't take up to much space in the kitchen but has enough power to blend up anything you throw in it. It also comes with some many different cups that you can make any size protein shake. Its not just for protein shakes though (although that is all I use it for)...... You can make salsa, peanut butter, grind coffee beans and a million more things. I don't know how I existed before the Magic Bullet!!


Gourmet Nutrition

Speaking of protein shakes....... once you get the Magic Bullet, make sure you pick up a copy of John Berardi's Gourmet Nutrition. It has some killer recipes for shakes that taste amazing. It also has a ton of recipes for meals that are healthy.


Lumbar Support


Here I go again, LUMBAR FLEXION SUCKS BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!!! If you know me, then you already know my opinion on crunches, situps, etc. I won't go on a rant. I think EVERYBODY should have a lumbar support in there car and if you have a "sit down" job, get one for your work too. This is a must!!! The best one I have used is one that Stuart McGill gave to me when I was in Montreal. It is called the LumbAir. Here are the specs:

"The LumbAir is a lumbar support that also promotes ideal posture and posture changes. It is easy to carry for use in cars, airplanes, theatres, or for home use.

The LumbAir is made with exclusive fabric that is immune to bacteria, fungus and body odour. It is guaranteed for one year against defects in materials and workmanship. The valves are guaranteed for life. The foam is engineered to last 15 years."


You can order a LumbAir here



Foam Roller


I know that most of my readers use a foam roller at the gym but I think everyone should have at home. Why wait to go to the gym roll out your aches and pains? Keep it in front of the tv and roll out when you are watching your favorite show (hopefully nothing that has Tyra Banks on it). A PB Elite Foam Roller will last much longer than a regular roller.

DN