Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Tip For The Trainers

Today we have a special "Guest Blogger", Mike Robertson. First let me start of with a big thanks to Mike for letting me post this up.

If you are a trainer, you already know who Mike is...... if not, shame on you. Mike really hit the nail on the head with this. Most trainers (especially new trainers) focus solely on "how to make more money" and become a good salesman. Mike reveals the secret below:

A TIP FOR THE TRAINERS:



I'm always amused by people who tells others how to make more money.

So by giving you money, you're going to tell me how to make more money?


It's intriguing, at the very least.

And that's not to say there aren't some great examples out there. I think Pat Rigsby is one of the most knowledgeable business guys I've talked to. EVER. He really helped Bill and I solidify the mindset and operations behind I-FAST.

Some of the others out there, though, aren't nearly as adept at their craft.

I don't know about you, but I got into this industry because I had a genuine interest in helping people achieve their performance-related goals. Over the years, that interest has spread - it's not just about sports now, but also rehab, fat loss, etc. Basically, my goal is to learn as much about this industry as possible, and to be able to deliver consistent results time and again.

It doesn't always work out perfectly, but more times than not we're getting great results. Any trainer who tells you the get results 100% of the time is either delusional, a liar, or both.

So if you're a trainer, and you're reading this blog, take this post to heart. Are you serious about making more money? If so, there's one consistently sure-fire way to do it....

Are you ready for it?

Get really good.

Not just kind of good. Better than the average Schmuck trainer good. I'm talking really good.

People seek you out good.

People consistently refer their friends and family to you good.

If you can do this, you will never have a shortage of clients. You will never have to worry about making ends meet (unless you're just a total momo when it comes to running your business and spending money, which I can't really help you with).

I guess the thing that really irks me is that no one mentions this. Everyone wants to talk about making more money and all these great business ideas, which are absolutely fine. But where did we forget about putting people first?

When we put our clients and their needs first, we always win.

When we combine that with the skills necessary to deliver results, we have a truly lethal combination.

So there's my tip. It's not sexy. It doesn't occur overnight. But if you are serious about making more money, forget about making more money.

Get really good at your craft first. When you do, the money will follow.

Stay strong

MR