Monday, February 11, 2008

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

I am too busy to eat well. I am too busy to eat every 2-3 hours. I don't have enough time in the morning to eat breakfast.

COME ON!! I've heard them all!! If you are comitted to eating poorly then you can commit to eating RIGHT.

The big secret to eating right is planning. Thats where most people really screw it up. The old saying of "most people don't plan to fail, they fail to plan" is so right when it comes to nutrition.

You need to develop a plan and stratagie, especially if you are busy. And I understand being busy.....between being a Performance Coach, Jiu-jitsu Coach, playing in a band, owning my own gym and.......oh yeah A HUSBAND, it can be very hard to find time for anything. So me and my wife take a few hours every Sunday and make all of our mini-meals for the week. I know that I am going to eat about six times per day. 6x7 days = 42. So if I PLAN on eating about 42 mini-meals, I need to have a PLAN. These Sunday cookings save my life for the rest of the week. I just put each mini-meal in a tupperware and BAM!!!! I have healthy fast food for the week.

Here is a picture of some of the meals we cooked up this weekend:

For more on smart nutrition visit Dr. John Berardis site at www.precisionnutrition.com